Working with our clients over the years, and especially 2020, we have been amazed and impressed by the strength, capability, adaptability and resilience being shown by so many companies and leaders across many sectors.
There’s a thread of tenacity running through our business culture and shared enterprises and relationships that makes us sure we can all come through this time.
We have prepared the following material to help you emerge from the lockdown with optimism as soon as we are given the green light by our political leaders, ready to put your best foot forward as a business. This advice is designed with both immediate practical and longer term challenges in mind, with the end goal of leading your business out of this crisis and confidently into the new world order.
In this guide you will learn:
- The difference between an issue and a crisis
- The 7 steps to prepare for an issue or crisis
- Instructions for leaders when a crisis hits
- Brief tips on dealing with an unfolding crisis
- Media conventions
Short on time? Here are 10 things to keep on mind if you’re dealing with a crisis or issue situation:
- Take responsibility
- Be proactive, transparent and accountable
- Be ready for social media backlash
- First apologise, then take action
- Monitor, plan and communicate
- Try to understand the facts first
- Listen to your team before taking action
- Remember to be human and focus on a strong organisational culture
- Avoid hot-headed reactions
- Be prepared
- If you’re dealing with an issue or crisis and need immediate support, we’re here to help 24/7.